I love it when blog-
stalking trawling leads to something that makes me really happy. What could make me so happy you ask? Lists. To-do lists specifically. While doing my blog crawl on decorativity I came across the Twelve by 2012. Basically, it’s a list of 12 things to complete by December 2011. I have a million and one things to do, but I think 12 is much more doable.
So, without further ado, I present my twelve by 2012:
1. Paint the entryway with yellow and white stripes (Shh! It’s a secret! I’m surprising Gavin when he goes to Estonia!) This is the yellow I think I’m going to use… He already says he likes the color! Sneaky, sneaky me…
2. Finish my quilt for Tylee. So far I have embroidered 8.5 of the 9 blocks but I still need to do everything else!
3. Make a jacket for Kitty. I bought the pattern for it at least! I’m thinking a pink corduroy. I’ve never sewn from a pattern before though!
4. Get a table lamp for the living room. We need 2 points of light that aren’t overhead in the room.
5. Finish the landing page and portfolio pages of my website. Edit: I think this is a bit too ambititious. Maybe just have a portfolio page and update my landing page!
6. Learn to knit or crochet.
7. Make a piece of art to go over the bed that doesn’t look cheap, temporary or homemade. Picky, I know.
8. Design and make an advent calendar for Alfie and Kitty. I actually need to have this done for the end of November as that’s when we are up next to see them!
9. Plant my bulbs for next spring
10. Find a New Year’s dress! Sparkles are required.
11. Make a donation to a different, non-denominational charity in both November and December (and maybe draw up a list for the next year as well)
12. Figure out a savings plan to get a down-payment on a house. 40% is a lot of pounds..
(And I’ve now just caught up to one of my missed days on Blogtoberfest! Only need to catch up on one more day! Woohoo!)