So this is my 100th post since I started this blogging business… I thought it might be fun to do something, but I didn’t know what. Then I decided that in tribute the extreme narcissism that blogging entails, I thought I would do an “all about me” list thing. You know, those things that you would post on myspace, back when myspace was a big deal. Anyways, here we go with the list called 50 Odd Things About Me:
1. Do you like blue cheese? As Ken says, “Do big, brown bears shit in the woods?”
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Seriously. Even if I had, do you think I would post that?
3. Do you own a gun? Does a water gun count?
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Never been…
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not unless it’s for something that I know is going to hurt, like a shot or a blood draw
6. What do you think of hot dogs? LOVE THEM. Especially from Costco.. Polish sausage with onions and ketchup.. Mmmmmm…
7. Favorite Christmas Movie? The stop motion Rudolph movie where he goes to the Island of Unwanted Toys.. That one was good. We never really got into watching Christmas movies, other than The Santa Clause, and that’s a classic ;)
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Black (“normal” in England) with one sugar and the tiniest splash of milk.
9. Can you do push ups? Oh yeah, baby! Gav calls me “Freakishly-strong-girl”.
10. Where do you keep your keys? On my bed or bedside table… The problem is remembering to take them with me when I leave. Doors here require a key to open them because there are no door knobs.. Bizarre.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Um… I’m not really a jewelry wearer, but my cocktail ring from Oma is definitely up there as are my green hoop earrings.
12. Favorite hobby? Planning my hypothetical future life.
14. Do you have A.D.D? No, I multitask.
15. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? There’s no point in hating anything about myself. Embrace it if it’s just a quirk, change it if it really is something terrible.
16. Middle name? Alexandra. My initials are SAW which gets confusing when playing video games with my brother because he puts SAW for his name and I do as well… So I have started following his example and putting SYD instead, thus ruling out all confusion as to who’s game is whose.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment… 1. I’m really not sure about how I used “who’s” and “whose” in the answer above, 2. I really wish I had some more food to eat right now, and 3. My food delivery comes tomorrow!
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. 1. Skirt for £1.99, 2. Headband with flowery things on it for £1.99, and 3. Sandals for £10.99. Overall, not bad. Especially considering I haven’t bought anything other than food or drink since April.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tea, wine, water.
20. Current worry? That I won’t be able to find a job before I leave for Canada.
21. Current hate? I don’t hate. It is a complete waste of emotion. I do, however, strongly dislike walking on Oxford Street because of the huge volume of people who all move reeeeeeeeally slowly.
22. Favorite place to be? Georgian Bay. Hands down.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Florida. It seems to be a tradition now.
24. Where would you like to go? So many places… Everywhere? I am going to see my Dutch and Polish friends sometime in the next couple of months though and I am oh so excited!
25. Name three people who will complete this? This was always such a stupid question and now it’s even stupider.
26. Do you own slippers? They are at my parents house… little down comforters for my feet. I also have Ugg boots there as well and they should only be worn as slippers. I know that I used to wear them all the time, but I have learned the error of my ways.
27. What shirt are you wearing? It’s a dress actually.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I am not a cheap hooker, thank you very much.
29. Can you whistle? I can, but I wouldn’t say I’m very good at it.
30. Favorite color? Turquoise and most other colors if it is dark and saturated.
31. Would you be a pirate? Mm, probably not. They are pretty dirty.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is in my head, and it’s not really singing as mumbling under my breath. I do have flatmates..
33. Favorite girl’s name? I have a list of potential names. None are decided (for obvious reasons)
34. Favorite boy’s name? While I have a lot of potentials, my current favorite is Jackson, Jackson Parker to be exact.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets… I’m wearing a dress.
36. What’s something that made you laugh today? The Ricky Gervais Show. Seriously, it’s hilarious. Check it out at here. Also, if you want to watch it in the States or Canada, it’s only available via HBO so, this is awesome. Awesome and free. There are also tons of other really funny shows like The IT Crowd. I bet it will made into an American version in the next year or two, so beat the bandwagon and watch it now ;) Anyways, I hope it works across the pond!
37. Best bed sheets as a child? The ones at the cottage with the cars on them.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Luckily, I have never really been injured. Maybe breaking my tailbone?
39. Do you love where you live? I love the city I live in and the country I live in. I don’t mind my flat but I am very excited to leave it for somewhere I can make my “home”.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 1, but it’s never on. The one at Gav’s, however, is almost never off.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Any of my American ones. Hannah and Madeleine have some good laughs… usually, though, it’s me.
42. How many dogs do you have? My mom has one that I still refer to as “mine” even though I have never lived at home since she got Molly :)
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I think it might be a bit more than a crush.. I got called “the best girlfriend in the world”. I was pretty chuffed :)
45. What is/are your favorite book(s)? Oh man… The Prodigal Summer is definitely up there, can I say The New Best Recipe? It’s seriously the best go-to cookbook ever. White Oleanders was my favorite book for a really long time and all of the Harry Potter books will hold a special place in my heart.
46. What is your favorite candy? Not a huge candy eater, to be honest, but I do like Twix and the Cadbury chocolates that have hazelnut cream stuff inside.. I love hazelnut.
47. Favorite Sports Team? Giants, Chargers, Fenerbahce, and soon – Arsenal. Also, I was cheering for team USA, England, and Holland in the World Cup and now that only Holland are still in it, they have my undivided support :)
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Probably Fleetwood Mac, I will let those who plan my funeral decide, however. A funeral is more for the people who are going, I’m definitely not going to be hearing it.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Attempting to sleep. It was a billion degrees and humid, but the screaming lady outside prevented the window from being opened.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? What time is it. And I feel horrible.
So there we go. If you actually made it through that, you are better than me. That is seriously going to be my last one, ever, because that seriously took about a full hour. And I didn’t even come up with the questions. Also, the extreme narcissism involved makes me feel a bit sick.