Hi guys.. I’m still alive, for those of you who are left. It has been about 5 months since my last post.
I have no other excuse besides that this has been one hell of a past 5 months. I have started to write this, stopped, rewrote, deleted, wrote more, deleted, ignored it, thought about it constantly, and now I’m here. Rather than go into a lengthy post giving a blow-by-blow of October onwards, I’ll just do a chronological bullet-list. Ready? Here goes:
- Sent in my 3+ lb application to British Consulate
- Working as a part-time Innkeeper at the Calderwood Inn in Healdsburg
- Visa was denied by British Consulate because they didn’t believe Gavin and I were together for 2+ years, despite joint bank accounts, lease agreements, bills to both of us at one address, emails, text messages, etc.
- Went to Denver to visit one of my best friends from high school, drove back with a friend
- Spent Thanksgiving with family and friends
- Sent in appeal to British Consulate, very little hope at this point. No idea what or where Gavin and I stand
- Plan trip to London, board flight to London, arrive in London, get deported from London, land in San Francisco exactly 48 hours after departing
- British Consulate says that it will not give me a decision until May, 2013 (this was in December)
- Decide I need to actually start living in Healdsburg, rather than wait around.
- Get house, get dog(!!!), get real job, make plans
- Get visa approved
- Be confused about everything
So, basically, life is complicated and I’m not sure what my future holds at the moment. Right now I am living in a 3 bedroom house with no furniture – I feel like a college student again. All my stuff is in London in Gavin’s new flat, which I am dreading having shipped.. Hello huge bills!
But from here on out, I will blog consistently about what I am up to.. Which soon will be me refinishing my kitchen table, painting the insides of my kitchen cabinets and drawers, painting the house, buying furniture… eesh, this is making me tired already! Ha!